Friday, December 31, 2010

THE BRANDING IRON - Wichita Falls, TX

JANUARY 9, 2009

Before Ming and I got married, I decided to take her on a date to see other parts of North Texas. So we took a road trip to Wichita Falls to see their man-made waterfall. Yeah, I know it lacks some authenticity to visit a man-made waterfall, but it was still a nice little getaway. For lunch, I wanted to try some Texas BBQ, so we headed to The Branding Iron... and our journey to try BBQ all over the state of Texas began. We didn't actually talk about blogging our BBQ experiences until later visits to other restaurants. At the time, we didn't develop any rating system to gauge the flavor of the meats and the sauce. However, we did know whether we liked it or not. Since I'm writing this entry about 2 years after we ate there, my memory is a bit foggy, but I'll do my best. Here is the first official entry into our "Blog-B-Q".

Branding Iron Restaurant & Catering
104 E. Scott
Wichita Falls, TX 76301
940-723-0338
http://www.brandingironbbq.com/

Hours of Business:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:00 am - 8:00 pm

I remember enjoying the food and the atmosphere. I felt like I was eating at the kind of restaurant you would find in the Old West. We ordered pork ribs, smoked sausage, corn-on-the-cob, mashed potatoes and coleslaw. It was all pretty good and I liked the BBQ sauce too. Or maybe it was just the fact that I was on a date with an amazing girl... that always makes the experience even better. Plus, they had toothpicks!

 
 
That's me eating sausage, mashed potatoes,
coleslaw and ribs

Savoring a hearty meal

No comments:

Post a Comment